Scrolling

The idyllic Danish summer cottage

The evenings are so lovely and long now in Southern Sweden, it never really gets dark. This Friday we'll celebrate midsummer and then it's time for many people to retreat to a summer cottage by a lake or sea for the summer. The existence is so relaxing: sitting with a morning coffee and breakfast out in the sunshine while the children play, maybe taking a morning dip in the sea or a lake followed by a long lunch (note I keep coming back to food....ha! I think I'm actually just painting my perfect day...). Anyway, to me this Danish cabin is the archetypal Scandinavian summer cottage. Owners Lone Backs and Nels Rasmussen have spent 10 years lovingly renovating it to the perfect pared back cabin.  Located in Ellinge Lyng, it's actually not that far from where I live - oh how I would love to spend a summer there, how about you?
'









Bolig Magasinet. Stylist: Mette Helena Rasmussen. Photography: Tia Borgsmidt

The cabin is just so idyllic don't you think? It's actually only 39 metres square but they've made great use of the space, have a beautiful 'outdoor' room in the form of a garden and look at that guest house?!Such an inspiring home?! 

Since I'm now dreaming of scandinavian summer cottages....there's a whole host of them here too if you've missed them over the past few years: summer cottages.

I do love the simple life don't you?

PS Thank you so much to talented photographer Tia Borgsmidt for allowing me to share these lovely images, you always find the most incredible homes (more fab Danish home tours from Tia's portfolio herehere and here).

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Hi Nikki,
    this looks like a great place to start and actually spend the day(s)! Thanks for sharing the place and the mood. I was wondering, do you know where the teapot comes from?
    Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't, hopefully someone else on here might? It's very cool! /Niki

      Delete
  2. Cute architects design and interior Designing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little cabin! I like the summer feeling on these photos, especially now that it's raining (at least not snowing like it was yesterday!) outside and it's quite chilly. I hope summer will return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely summer cottage...what a nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im totally in love with Scandinavian design. This place is totally gorgeous and full of down to earth character

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki, this cottage is absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the teapot! could someone please tell me where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo quieto una casa como esta!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO